Social and environmental responsibility has always been at the forefront of V-Marc operating philosophy and as a result the Company consistently contributes to socially responsible activities. Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) at V-Marc portrays the deep symbiotic relationship that the group enjoys with the communities it is engaged with. As a responsible corporate citizen, we try to contribute for social and environmental causes on a regular basis. We believe that to succeed, an organization must maintain highest standards of corporate behaviour towards its employees, consumers and societies in which it operates. We are of the opinion that CSR underlines the objective of bringing about a difference and adding value in our stakeholders’ lives. V-Marc India Limited Corporate Social Responsibility Policy is rooted in the Company’s core values of quality, reliability and trust guided by international standards and best practices, and driven by our aspiration for excellence in the overall performance of our business.
When the world was hit by global pandemic, as part of commitment to rise to the occasion when the Nation needed it the most, V-Marc did its best to support those impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic. V-Marc helped by donating more than 9000 kgs of medicinal mushroom among the needy. As in a recent study by University of California Los Angeles (UCLA), on the characteristics of mushrooms as medicinal herb, it helps in boosting immune function against COVID-19. Natural chemicals derived from herbal medicines and medicinal mushrooms provide a significant resource for the development of novel antiviral drugs. During the pandemic when lockdown hit poor people the most, V-Marc ensured to provide for at least one meal a day to more than 800 people for a month.
OUR CSR VISION
- Develop meaningful and effective strategies for engaging with all stakeholders.
- Consult with local communities to identify effective and culturally appropriate development goals.
- Partner with credible organizations like trusts, foundations etc. including nongovernment organizations.
- Check and prevent pollution; recycle, manage and reduce waste, manage natural resources in a sustainable manner.
- Ensure efficient use of energy and environment friendly technologies.